Corporate Wellness Is More Than Just An Attractive Employee Benefit
It is estimated that in the United States, the cost of chronic disease, work-related injuries and illnesses, stress, and employee disengagement amounts to more than $2.2 trillion each year.
More than 75% of all healthcare costs to employers are due to preventable chronic illnesses.
What is a preventable chronic illness? It is a non-contagious illness that is prolonged in duration that does not resolve spontaneously and is rarely cured completely.
- $5.6 billion dollars are spent on heart disease related illnesses every year and at least 10% of that cost would be eliminated if adults started walking regularly
- 70% of the 50 million adults in the US have not controlled their blood pressure
- More than 29 million Americans are living with diabetes and 86 million are living with pre-diabetes
- More than two-thirds of women and three-fourths of men in the United States are now either overweight or obese
- An even bigger killer than smoking is a sedentary lifestyle! More than 5.3 million people die each year from not moving enough
A large part of preventing these conditions is changing lifestyle behaviors and reducing obesity. Unhealthy behaviors, obesity and stressors can lead to reduced productivity and/or individuals leaving the workplace.
While on the other hand:
- Employers earn an ROI of $5.81 for every $1 spent on employee wellness (Corporate Wellness Magazine)
- Employees that eat healthy are 25% more likely to have a higher job performance (the-hero.org)
Your employees’ well-being and productivity are interdependent.
Employees often bring their underlying poor health and personal issues to the workplace, where they become unmotivated, disengaged, and unproductive.
A wellness program can create a culture of well being that makes employees feel healthy and balanced so they bring their energy, focus, and motivation to work making them more productive.
Just a 10% increase in well-being results in:
- 5% increase in job performance
- 5% fewer unscheduled absences
- 24% lower presenteeism
- 605 lower medical costs
- 66% lower prescription costs
- 6% more “best work” days per month
Let us help you make your employees happy to be at work.
Our approach to workplace wellness is a whole body approach. We help your employees shift their relationship with health from one that is “practiced” with periodic and annual visits to their doctor to one that is enjoyed daily through small lifestyle changes.
Because our programs are lifestyle oriented, we help your employees discover the value of being healthy and tap into their personal motivation. This new outlook affects many areas of their life and contributes to an overall sense of well being.
We bring your workplace wellness program to a personal level by working with you to develop a custom program that is based on what is best for your company’s health goals and for your employee’s well being. The result is a healthier, happier, more present, more productive workforce.
Contact us to talk about our creative approach to your wellness needs.